Is it permissible to preach on worldly issues on Jumuah (Friday) sermons?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 18:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is fard (obligatory) to glorify Allah Almighty while reciting the khutbah (sermon). Besides, it is also permissible to recite khutbah on worldly issues which concern the society.
Questions on Islam
- Friday Prayer
- Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
- What are the Sunnahs of Friday Sermon?
- When is the exact time of the Jumuah (Friday) prayer?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- What is the benefit of performing only the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for a man who does not perform five daily prescribed prayers?
- Rawatib Prayers
- Does a person who fails to go to the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for three succeeding times without an excuse become a kafir (disbeliever)?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?
- A short explanation about Friday prayer and sermon