Does a person who fails to go to the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for three succeeding times without an excuse become a kafir (disbeliever)?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 18:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
Not going to Friday prayers is a major sin. However, even if a Muslim has never gone to a Friday prayer, he does not become a kafir (disbeliever); he is considered to have committed a sin. If he repents sincerely and continues to pray, it is hoped that his previous sins are forgiven...
Questions on Islam
- What is the benefit of performing only the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for a man who does not perform five daily prescribed prayers?
- If a man who is married does not perform jumu’ah (Friday prayer) three times on end, does his nikah (marriage) become invalid?
- How and when is the noon prayer performed on Friday?
- Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
- When is the exact time of the Jumuah (Friday) prayer?
- Are the sins between two Jumuah (Friday) prayers forgiven?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Can you give some information about not performing salah relying on the idea that sooner or later Allah will forgive me. Will there be a difference between those who perform their salahs and those who do not perform their salahs?
- Friday Prayer