Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 18:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
Saying that Friday prayer is not fard (obligatory) for a traveler does not mean that it is not permissible for a traveler to perform the Friday prayer. It means that a traveler is not obliged to perform the Friday prayer. That is, if a musafir finds an opportunity and performs the Friday prayer, his prayer will be valid like a person who is not a traveler. In this case, he is not obliged to perform zuhr (noon) prayer. He must perform the zuhr (noon) prayer if he does not perform the Friday prayer.
Questions on Islam
- Is Friday (Jumua) prayer be performed while travelling?
- When is the exact time of the Jumuah (Friday) prayer?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- What is the benefit of performing only the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for a man who does not perform five daily prescribed prayers?
- Friday Prayer
- Is it permissible to intend to combine prayers if there is a possibility of missing a prayer? and In what situations can one imitate other madhhabs (sects) and combine prayers?
- Is the following hadith sound: "Whoever abandons performing the four rak'ah sunnah before the fard of zuhr (noon) prayer will not be able to attain my shafa'a (intercession)"?
- Is Jumuah Salah (Friday prayer) not fard for women according to four madhhabs?
- Is it permissible to preach on worldly issues on Jumuah (Friday) sermons?
- Is there any objection for a musafir (traveler) to perform his/her prayers fully instead of shortening them?