Is Friday (Jumua) prayer be performed while travelling?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 16:00
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Friday (Jumua) prayer is not fard (obligatory) for a person who is a musafir (traveler). However, if a musafir (traveler) prays the Friday prayer, his prayer becomes valid and it replaces the zuhr (noon) prayer.
Questions on Islam
- Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
- Friday Prayer
- When is the exact time of the Jumuah (Friday) prayer?
- A short explanation about Friday prayer and sermon
- Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?
- If the environment in which we are musafir (traveler) is comfortable, is there any objection for performing prayers in full? Which one is better; performing prayers fully or shortening them?
- Prayers of a Traveler (Musafir)
- Prayers in Congregation
- Is there any objection for a musafir (traveler) to perform his/her prayers fully instead of shortening them?
- Will you give information about the afternoon (asr) prayer?