Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?
Submitted by on Mon, 29/02/2016 - 23:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb).
The Friday prayer is not fard for women and travelers but if they perform the Friday prayer, it replaces the noon prayer for them. It is not necessary for them to perform the noon prayer in addition.
Similarly, the same thing is valid for the Muslims living in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb). The Friday prayer is not fard for them but if they come together and perform the Friday prayer, it replaces the noon prayer for them.
However, according to the Shafii madhhab, the Friday prayer is fard for everybody that has the necessary conditions to perform the Friday prayer no matter where they live.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Friday Prayer
- Is it permissible to work in a bank in a non-Muslim country?
- What does determine one country whether is an Islamic country or not?
- Is it religiously permissible to draw interest in Dar-ul Harb?
- Is Friday (Jumua) prayer be performed while travelling?
- Is Germany dar al-harb? What is dar al-harb?