The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
Submitted by on Fri, 07/10/2016 - 00:38
Dear Brother / Sister,
The Muslims working in non-Muslim countries should prefer to send their money to their own countries instead of depositing them in the banks where they work. For, it is not appropriate to give the profit of the money they earn to non-Muslims.
However, if they deposit their money, they should receive the interest; they should not leave it to the bank thinking that interest is haram. For, the decree is clearly stated in a hadith mentioned in fiqh books that Muslims can receive interest from non-Muslims in non-Muslim countries.
In that case, it is necessary to receive both the capital and the interest from the non-Muslims. If they get stronger with our money, it means we get weaker. Our national and Islamic consciousness should not allow such a mistake.
It is a known fact that a Muslim is not allowed to receive interest from a Muslim even if they are in a non-Muslim country.
for further information, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Is Germany dar al-harb? What is dar al-harb?
- hajj money
- Muslims working abroad deposit their money in the banks there. When they withdraw this money, they are given some amount of interest. Some do not receive this money considering it illicit whereas some receive the money saying that to receive interest from
- Is it permissible to work in a bank in a non-Muslim country?
- Is it religiously permissible to draw interest in Dar-ul Harb?
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- Are violation of personal rights in question between Muslims and non-Muslims living in Europe / foreign countries?
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- Is the money given to non-Muslims to help them or as charity regarded as sadaqah? Or, should we give it to others?