Are violation of personal rights in question between Muslims and non-Muslims living in Europe / foreign countries?
Submitted by on Tue, 22/03/2016 - 17:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to violate rights of others even if they are unbelievers. Our religion does not differentiate between Muslims and unbelievers regarding personal rights.
If the state gives you some money because you are unemployed and if you are not supposed to be paid any money under normal conditions since you work, it is not appropriate to get this money by giving a false declaration.
Personal rights are a person's own rights; so, it is necessary for a person to be careful about personal rights of both Muslims and non-Muslims. A person who wrongs others will be accounted for it in the hereafter.
According to Abu Hanifa and Imam Muhammad, it is not permissible for a Muslim who is in a non-Muslim country to deceive both Muslims and non-Muslims and to grab the property of both Muslims and non-Muslims. For, the religion of Islam is a religion of tolerance and virtue; therefore, it forbids treason, immoral and evil deeds everywhere.
For instance, if a person goes to Europe or to a non-Muslim country and finds something belonging to the state or to a person there, he has to give it to its owner. (Hidaya, II/66)
Questions on Islam
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Is it permissible to work in a bank in a non-Muslim country?
- Is it permissible to kill Non-Muslims?
- Is it permissible to buy the products of foreign countries?
- Is it sinful to violate a non-Muslim’s rights?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- How should our relations with non-Muslims be?
- If it's forbidden to kill Non-Muslims, then why do people like Al-Qaeda kill Non-Muslims?
- Is it religiously permissible to draw interest in Dar-ul Harb?