Is Germany dar al-harb? What is dar al-harb?
Submitted by on Fri, 07/10/2016 - 00:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
First, let us describe the phrases dar al-Islam (land/country of Islam) and dar al-harb (land/country of war):
Land/country of Islam is the name give to a place which is under the sovereignty of Muslims and in which Muslims live safely, fulfilling their religious duties.
Land/country of war is the opposite of it. According to Islam, Muslims have to act in accordance with the treaty made with the nations and states unless they break the treaty.
• Peace is better. (an-Nisa, 4/128)
• But if they cease (fighting), Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful. (al-Baqara, 2/192)
• But if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression. (al-Baqara, 2/193)
The verses above clarify the issue.
That is, we cannot declare war against the countries and states that we live in the state of agreement. These places are called dar as-sulh (land/country of peace). That is, even if a country is a land of non-Muslims, we cannot call it dar al-harb since we are in peaceful terms with that country. (see Ömer Nasuhi BİLMEN, Hukuku İslamiye, III/394)
In this context, the places like Germany where Muslims live in peaceful terms are called "dar as-sulh (land of peace)". However, this does not mean that it is land of Islam.
will you please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Is it permissible to work in a bank in a non-Muslim country?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?
- Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?
- Is it permissible to sell alcoholic drinks to non-Muslims in Dar al-Harb?
- Is it religiously permissible to draw interest in Dar-ul Harb?
- Can muslim sell pork, alcohol?
- Is it necessary for those who live abroad and who cannot perform Friday prayers to migrate to another country?
- It is religiously permissible to draw interest in Dar-ul Harb. How should Muslims who live in those lands act?