Is it necessary for those who live abroad and who cannot perform Friday prayers to migrate to another country?
Submitted by on Mon, 25/10/2021 - 15:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
Friday prayer is not fard in dar al-harb.
Friday prayer is not fard for women and travelers but if they go to the mosque and perform it, it replaces the noon prayer. It is not necessary for them to perform the noon prayer.
Likewise, the same thing holds true for those who live in a non-Muslim country (dar al-harb). If they gather together to perform the Friday prayer, though it is not fard for them, that prayer replaces the noon prayer.
However, according to Shafii madhhab, it is fard for everyone who has the conditions of Friday prayer and everywhere to perform Friday prayer.
Those who cannot perform Friday prayer do not have to migrate. However, if they are prevented from performing their daily prayers abroad and are under pressure, it will be appropriate for them to migrate. However, since Friday prayer is not fard abroad, it is not necessary for a person who cannot perform Friday prayers to migrate to another country.
Questions on Islam
- Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?
- Is it haram to receive and give interest in dar al-harb? Is interest permissible in non-Muslim countries?
- Friday Prayer
- Is it permissible to gamble in non-Muslim countries (in dar al-harb)?
- Is Germany dar al-harb? What is dar al-harb?
- Is Friday (Jumua) prayer be performed while travelling?
- Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
- A short explanation about Friday prayer and sermon
- How and when is the noon prayer performed on Friday?
- Can we perform the noon prayer in congregation at home on Friday since Friday prayer is not performed nowadays?