Submitted by on Sun, 30/11/2008 - 05:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
In regard with Jum’a Prayer (Friday Prayer) which is a very important and an indispensable principle of Islam, the Islamic law scholars of Hanafi sect say: Jum’a Prayer depends on the permission of the admistrators of that place. According to them, permission is accounted as one of the conditions of performing Jum’a and if the permission for Jum’a is not given by the administrators, it is not mandatory to perform it. Other sects’ opinion concerning with performing Jum’a Prayer in a non-Muslim country is: “Jum’a is in no case given up.” Because it is clear with the Qur’an. However, Hanafi scholars say too that Jum’a Prayer, with appointing one person among themselves, can be performed when there is no permission. (Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır, Hak Dini Kur'an Dili, VII, 4983 vd.)
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)
- Surah in 3rd and 4th Rakat
- What does determine one country whether is an Islamic country or not?
- Is it fard to perform the Friday prayer in non-Muslim countries (dar al-harb)?
- If a man who is married does not perform jumu’ah (Friday prayer) three times on end, does his nikah (marriage) become invalid?
- Is Jumuah (Friday) prayer not fard (obligatory) for a musafir (traveler)? Should a person who is a musafir not perform the Friday prayer?
- Tenth Sign: It narrates the miracle of the moaning of a dry pole.
- Is Friday prayer fard for women?
- Friday Prayer
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).