Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Some prescribed sunnahs which are not performed on time can be performed later on.For example, when the first sunnah of zuhr (noon) prayer cannot be performed in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation), it is performed after the fard and two rak'ah sunnah. When the first sunnah of Friday prayer (Jumuah) cannot be performed before the khutbah (sermon), it is again performed after the two rak'ah fard of Friday prayer. The first sunnahs of zuhr (noon) and Friday prayers which are aborted after two rak'ahs, are offered as four rak'ahs in this way.
When the other sunnahs of prescribed daily prayers cannot be performed, they are not performed later on as qada. For example, when the sunnahs of asr (afternoon) and Isha (night) are not performed before the fard, they are not performed later on. The sunnah of fajr (morning) prayer are not performed after fard.
Besides, a person must start the fard by joining the jamaah (congregation) immediately if the jamaah has started performing the fard.
Questions on Islam
- If a person cannot perform the first sunnah of the noon prayer before the fard prayer, which one should he perform after the fard first; the first sunnah or the last sunnah? What should be the order like?
- When and how are the missed (qada) prayers performed? Are the sunnah prayers performed as well?
- Can the sunnah prayers that are abandoned due to some obligations be performed as qada (missed) prayers afterwards?
- What should we do if iqamah is called while we are performing a sunnah prayer?
- Qada (Missed) Prayers
- What is the correct method of offering Qada Prayer? In what way is it beneficial?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Tarawih Prayer
- Prayers in Congregation
- Friday Prayer