Are the sins between two Jumuah (Friday) prayers forgiven?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 21:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to the majority of scholars,sins are divided into two as major and minor. The auspicious deeds that may become a kaffarah (atonement) for the sins of a person such as five prescribed daily prayers, the fast of Ramadan, Hajj, Umrah, ablution are "minor sins"; The sins that cannot become a kaffarah by such worships are "major sins".
"Two umrahs are a kaffarah (atonement) of sins committed between the two." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, II/461).
"An accepted Hajj (pilgrimage) is a kaffarah for the sins committed in that year." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, II/348).
"Two drops of blood that shed from a martyr is a kaffarah for his whole sins." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, IV/300),
"Allah covers the sins of a person between the two Friday prayers who performs them." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, V/181).
The worships which are informed in hadiths to become kaffarah for sins are minor sins. However, the sins about which no worship is accepted as a kaffarah are among the major sins.
For example; no worship becomes a kaffarah for sins like killing a person, fornication (zina), drinking alcohol and so forth; the punishment determined by the shari'ah is applied to them.
Questions on Islam
- Are the sins between two prayers forgiven? If yes, which ones are forgiven and which ones are not forgiven?
- Are the sins of a woman who gives birth forgiven?
- Is it true that a person who commits the sin of associating partners with Allah will not be forgiven?
- Is there a sin that cannot be forgiven? What are the sins that Allah will never forgive? What sins can lead a person to Hell?
- Are the previous sins of a person who becomes a Muslim forgiven?
- What deeds and favors cause a person to be forgiven? Are there examples mentioned in hadiths?
- If a person has an illegitimate relationship with a person from the opposite gender and marries him/her afterwards, will the degree of the haram deed be lessened? If a person repents after marrying, will his sins be forgiven?
- What are the harms done by sins to man?
- Does a person who fails to go to the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for three succeeding times without an excuse become a kafir (disbeliever)?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?