Are the sins between two Jumuah (Friday) prayers forgiven?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 21:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to the majority of scholars,sins are divided into two as major and minor. The auspicious deeds that may become a kaffarah (atonement) for the sins of a person such as five prescribed daily prayers, the fast of Ramadan, Hajj, Umrah, ablution are "minor sins"; The sins that cannot become a kaffarah by such worships are "major sins".
"Two umrahs are a kaffarah (atonement) of sins committed between the two." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, II/461).
"An accepted Hajj (pilgrimage) is a kaffarah for the sins committed in that year." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, II/348).
"Two drops of blood that shed from a martyr is a kaffarah for his whole sins." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, IV/300),
"Allah covers the sins of a person between the two Friday prayers who performs them." (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, V/181).
The worships which are informed in hadiths to become kaffarah for sins are minor sins. However, the sins about which no worship is accepted as a kaffarah are among the major sins.
For example; no worship becomes a kaffarah for sins like killing a person, fornication (zina), drinking alcohol and so forth; the punishment determined by the shari'ah is applied to them.
Questions on Islam
- Are the sins between two prayers forgiven? If yes, which ones are forgiven and which ones are not forgiven?
- Does a person who fails to go to the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for three succeeding times without an excuse become a kafir (disbeliever)?
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- Can you give some information about not performing salah relying on the idea that sooner or later Allah will forgive me. Will there be a difference between those who perform their salahs and those who do not perform their salahs?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- What is an "Oath" and If you vow to do something and you don't, then how do you compensate for it?
- How should we understand the hadith, “My intercession is for those who commit major sin in my community?”
- Who is an Unbeliever? What are the Causes that Lead one to Unbelief?
- Is it permissible to perform a prostration of thanking for a woman when she is in the menstruation period?
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?