Does a person who does not perform prayers get the thawab (reward) of the good deeds that he does?
Submitted by on Fri, 24/04/2015 - 16:33
Dear Brother / Sister,
A person who does not offer prayers will get reward from good deeds that he/she does. The existence of a sin is not an obstacle to other thawabs (rewards). The punishment of not offering prayers is different and the thawab of other deeds is different. Thawabs and sins are evaluated discretely.
A person who does not perform prayers get the thawab of the sadaqa (alms) that he gives even if he commits major sins. What is important is to have belief. It is possible that Allah will give salvation to the person for the deed, a goodness which is thought to be small; and due to that deed, he may start performing prayers.
No one knows where the consent and wrath of Allah is hidden. Thus, it is necessary not to underestimate or rely upon any deed.
Questions on Islam
- Does a person get thawab (reward) when he does something that is sunnah without being aware of it?
- What is the benefit of performing only the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for a man who does not perform five daily prescribed prayers?
- Is the worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers not accepted?
- Is there a hadith that states, "If the Imam leads the prayer properly, its thawab (reward) will be given both to the jamaah (congregation) and the Imam. If he leads it deficiently, the responsibility belongs to the Imam only."?
- Why is committing suicide a sin in Islam?
- I am a woman who does not wear hijab but I perform prayers. Are the prayers performed by a woman who does not wear hijab valid?
- Is it appropriate to commit sins but also to perform prayers? I started to perform five daily prayers a few months ago but I cannot keep away from some sins. However, I do not want to abandon prayers. Will you help me?
- Does caressing or pulling the pants while bowing down for prostration in prayer invalidate the prayer?
- Are rewards (thawabs) gained during the state of janabah valid?
- Could you please give information on the nature of Angels?