Does caressing or pulling the pants while bowing down for prostration in prayer invalidate the prayer?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 15:25
Dear Brother / Sister,
Though pulling the pants by using two hands does not invalidate the prayer, it is makruh (abominable). That is, it is something that diminishes the thawab (reward) of the prayer and a deed which is not pleasant. There is information in Fatawa al-Hindiyya about this issue
(Celal Yıldırım, İslam Fıkhı, I/357-358)
Questions on Islam
- Where should one look while he is praying (in qiyam (standing), ruku’ (bowing down) and tashahhud (sitting))?
- Is a man’s prayer invalidated when his waist gets opened in prostration?
- Does a quick prostration invalidate the prayer?
- Does performing ruku and sajdah (prostration) before the command of the imam invalidate the prayer?
- Does lifting the foot from the ground while in prostration invalidate prayer? Is it necessary to keep the big toe of the right foot on the ground during prostration only or throughout the prayer?
- Does straightening the topcoat during prayer invalidate the prayer?
- Does a person who sees blood on his clothes have to perform the prayers he has performed with those clothes again? What should I do since I wore my undershirt for a long time including the Friday prayer?
- What should a person whose wudu is invalidated while performing a prayer do?
- Does sleeping without leaning on anything invalidate wudu? Are there hadiths regarding the issue?
- The Principles of Prayer