Is it not permissible for a woman to perform prayers without a headscarf? Is it necessary to ensure tasattur (veiling) in order to perform prayers?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 14:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
Women who do not have tasattur (veiling) can perform prayers. The thawab (reward) of performing prayers is different and the sin of not ensuring tasattur is different. However, a woman must cover her head while praying. For, ensuring tasattur is one of the necessities of prayer. During the prayer, a woman must cover her body wholly except her hands, face and the feet.
However, it is impossible to say that women who do not wear headscarves in daily life cannot perform prayers. Women who do not wear headscarves can offer prayers, fast, go to hajj (pilgrimage) and do all kinds of worship.
Questions on Islam
- Is wandering of a woman without a headscarf an obstacle for her worshipping?
- Special File Regarding Covering (Tasattur) and Headscarf
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- If a woman wants to wear niqab (face veil) but her husband dislikes it, what should they do?
- Doesnt women face draw more attention comparing to their hair? Why is hair covered up but not face?
- What is the decree about missed (qada) prayers? When and how are they performed? How should one say niyyah (intention) for them?
- Can qada (missed) prayers be performed instead of sunnah prayers? Can a person who has to perform qada prayers perform sunnah prayers?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?