If a woman wants to wear niqab (face veil) but her husband dislikes it, what should they do?
Submitted by on Tue, 20/10/2009 - 16:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
Wearing the niqab (face veil) is not fard (obligatory). Thus if the husband dislikes it and that leads to a big conflict between couples then she may not wear it. Because wearing niqab is not fard (obligatory) like wearing a head scarf.
Editor's Selected Links
Questions on Islam
- Can a woman wear a headscarf even if her husband dislikes?
- Special File Regarding Covering (Tasattur) and Headscarf
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?
- Is it not permissible for a woman to perform prayers without a headscarf? Is it necessary to ensure tasattur (veiling) in order to perform prayers?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- What are the Significant Points in the Relations Between Man and Woman?
- Is wearing a headscarf fard in Islam?
- How did the first tasattur (veiling, covering oneself) start? How did the wives of the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH) carry out the command of tasattur?