Does a person get thawab (reward) when he does something that is sunnah without being aware of it?
Submitted by on Thu, 31/03/2016 - 22:57
Dear Brother / Sister,
Intention is important in worshipping. A person who acts in accordance with sunnah without being aware of it gets thawab for his deed but he does not get as much thawab as a person who acts with the intention of sunnah.
However, a person who always acts in accordance with sunnah does not have to think that what he is doing is sunnah all the time; he gets the reward of sunnah when he does it.
Questions on Islam
- Is the incident narrated as "tafsir of honey" about Hz. Ali true?
- What is the decree about eating with the left hand? How did the incident in which the Prophet (pbuh) damned a person who ate with his left hand take place and what is the wisdom behind it?
- How our Prophet (Pbuh) slept at night and What should we do when we go to bed at night?
- Will you explain the following hadith: "When you get up, wash your hands three times; you cannot know what you touched with them during the night."
- I yawn a lot when I perform a prayer and say prayers (dua); it prevents me from reading. What is the reason for it?
- Is it sunnah to abandon ghayr-muakkadah sunnahs deliberately?
- Is the saying, “Whoever adheres to my Practices when my Community is corrupted shall receive the reward of a hundred martyrs.” a hadith and how should it be understood?
- Should a Muslim place his/her right foot first when leaving his/her home for prayer?
- What is the benefit of performing only the Jumuah (Friday) prayer for a man who does not perform five daily prescribed prayers?
- "One who holds steadfast to my Sunnah at the time of the mischief of my ummah will get the reward of one hundred martyrs." Is this statement a hadith? If it is a hadith, how should it be understood?