Is there a hadith that states, "If the Imam leads the prayer properly, its thawab (reward) will be given both to the jamaah (congregation) and the Imam. If he leads it deficiently, the responsibility belongs to the Imam only."?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 23:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
-The following is narrated from the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):
"A person who is leading a jamaah (congregation) should fear from Allah and avoid disobeying Him and be aware that he has taken on a task for which he will be held responsible and this is so important that if he performs this task properly, he will gain the thawabs (reward) of the people who is behind him without any decrease. If he performs his task deficiently, this deficiency will belong to him." (see. Majmauz'-Zawaid, 2/66).
-Ukba b. Amir al-Juani narrates: I heard the following from the prophet (PBUH):
"If a person who is leading a jamaah (congregation) performs the prayer properly, this will be perfect both for him and for them. If he does not perform his duty properly, the prayer of the jamaah will be valid; however, he becomes sinful." (see. Ahmad b. Hanbal, 4/145, 154; Abu Dawud, Salat, 58; see.Majmauz'-Zawaid, 2/68).
Questions on Islam
- Is there any objection to praying the sunnahs of the prayer at home and its fard at mosque? If some time passes between the fard and sunnah, will this be a hindrance for the prayer?
- Is there any objection for the imam to return his back to jamaah (congregation) during tasbihat (glorification of Allah) and perform tasbihat and make dua?
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Prayers in Congregation
- Does a person who does not perform prayers get the thawab (reward) of the good deeds that he does?
- Is it regarded worship to sit in the mosque in order to perform prayers there?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- Can women go to mosque?
- How many ayahs can the imam read the most while performing salah in congregation?
- Is it obligatory to perform prayers in congregation (Jamaat)?