Is there any objection for the imam to return his back to jamaah (congregation) during tasbihat (glorification of Allah) and perform tasbihat and make dua?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is sunnah for the imam to turn his face to jamaah during tasbihat. However, he is not considered to have sinned if he does not turn his face to the congregation. What is appropriate is to face towards to the jamaah.
Questions on Islam
- Is there a hadith that states, "If the Imam leads the prayer properly, its thawab (reward) will be given both to the jamaah (congregation) and the Imam. If he leads it deficiently, the responsibility belongs to the Imam only."?
- Is there any objection to praying the sunnahs of the prayer at home and its fard at mosque? If some time passes between the fard and sunnah, will this be a hindrance for the prayer?
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Prayers in Congregation
- Does lifting the foot from the ground while in prostration invalidate prayer? Is it necessary to keep the big toe of the right foot on the ground during prostration only or throughout the prayer?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- Is it permissible to say “Subhana Rabbiyal a’la” (Glory to my Lord, the Most High) more than three times in sajdah (prostration) while praying?
- How should we take refuge in Allah from the wickedness of jinn?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).