Is it enough to listen to the tasbihat uttered by the Muezzin aloud?
- Should we say the tasbihat silently by accompanying the muezzin after the prayer in congregation? Are we regarded to have made tasbihat if we just listen to the muezzin?
Submitted by on Fri, 14/09/2018 - 15:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to make tasbihat after prayer alone or in congregation.
The congregation accompanies the muezzin to utter the tasbihat and supplications after the prayers in congregation so that they will get more thawabs.
If the muezzin utters the tasbihat aloud, those who listen are regarded to have made tasbihat. However, it is better if they accompany (repeat) silently.
Questions on Islam
- Is it all right to say prayers while the imam is reciting while leading a prayer to the congregation? For example can one pray by saying, “O Allah forgive me“?
- Tarawih Prayer
- What is the thawab of performing the tasbihat after prayers?
- What is the wisdom behind the tasbihat words "subhanallah", "alhamdulillah" and "Allahu akbar" being said 33 times? Is it important to pay attention to this number?
- Is it permissible to read Subhanaka in a congregational prayer if the imam has started to read al-Fatiha?
- Is it permissible to read aloud while praying in order to teach those who do not know how to pray?
- Prayers in Congregation
- When should one make niyyah (intention) while praying in congregation? Is it all right to make niyyah before the imam utters takbir?
- What is adhan?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?