Is it enough to listen to the tasbihat uttered by the Muezzin aloud?
- Should we say the tasbihat silently by accompanying the muezzin after the prayer in congregation? Are we regarded to have made tasbihat if we just listen to the muezzin?
Submitted by on Fri, 14/09/2018 - 15:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible to make tasbihat after prayer alone or in congregation.
The congregation accompanies the muezzin to utter the tasbihat and supplications after the prayers in congregation so that they will get more thawabs.
If the muezzin utters the tasbihat aloud, those who listen are regarded to have made tasbihat. However, it is better if they accompany (repeat) silently.
Questions on Islam
- How should the level of the voice of a person who is performing a prayer individually be?
- How to perform the morning (fajr) prayer (Sunnah)
- How to perform the morning (fajr) prayer (Fard)
- What is the wisdom behind reading the Quran silently during the day and aloud at night in the prayers? Why do we read silently in the 3rd and 4th rak'ahs of fard prayers?
- How is Tarawih Prayer Performed?
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- How did the Prophet spend his twenty-four hours? What was his daily life like?
- How are lunar eclipse (khusuf) and solar eclipse (kusuf) prayers performed?
- How to perform the evening (maghrib) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the evening (maghrib) prayer (Sunnah)