Is it all right to say prayers while the imam is reciting while leading a prayer to the congregation ? For example can one pray by saying, “O Allah forgive me“?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 10:58
Dear Brother / Sister,
People should keep quiet both physically and orally in prayers in congregation. It is permissible to think about the meanings of ayahs (verses) while the imam reads aloud or silently.
In addition, if a person says prayers aloud or silently when the the imam reads aloud or silently, his prayer becomes invalid. However, if he just thinks about it, the prayer is valid.
Questions on Islam
- Is it enough to listen to the tasbihat uttered by the Muezzin aloud?
- Is it permissible to read aloud while praying in order to teach those who do not know how to pray?
- When should one make niyyah (intention) while praying in congregation? Is it all right to make niyyah before the imam utters takbir?
- Prayers in Congregation
- Could you please give information about “Qiraah” (reading/reciting the Quran)?
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- How is Sajda as-Sahw performed and how should one keep his index finger during tashahhud according to sunnah?
- Reciting aloud while performing prayer
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- How should the level of the voice of a person who is performing a prayer individually be?