What is the reason of saying "wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin, al Fatiha" in the mosque after Tasbihat (glorifications)?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:11
Dear Brother / Sister,
After tasbihat (glorifications), "wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin, al Fatiha" is said. "Wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin" is the 182nd verse of the chapter of as-Saffat.
After completing the recitation of some verses of the Quran after tasbihat, the following verses "Subhana rabbika rabbil 'izzati amma yasifun wa salamun alal mursalin wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin" (al SAFFAT, 180-181-182) are recited and then "al Fatiha" is said.
The translation of the verses is as follows:
"Glory to thy Lord the Lord, of Honour and Power! (He is free) from what they ascribe (to Him)! And Peace on the Messengers! And praise to Allah, the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds." (Surah as-Saaffat, 180-182)
These verses are very meaningful. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said the following in a hadith reported by Ibn Abi Hatim from Shabi;
"Whoever wants to be happy for his thawab (reward) be weighed on the Day of Judgement in a large scale should say the following when he is about to leave the majlis (gathering) in which he sits: "Subhana rabbika rabbil 'izzati amma yasifun wa salamun alal mursalin wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin. (al SAFFAT, 180-182)" (Qurtubi, al-Jamiu lil-Ahkamil Quran,15/141. Suyuti, ad-dDurrul Mansur, 5/141. Alusi, Ruhul Maani, 12/159) (Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır, Hak Dini Kur'an Dili)
These verses are recited when the jamaah leaves the mosque upon the advice of this hadith.
Questions on Islam
- Can the verse; "Subhana rabbika rabbil 'izzati amma yasifun wa salamun alal mursalin wal hamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin" be recited in any rak'ath of a prayer after al-Fatiha?
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- THE SURAH RECITED IN THE PRAYER
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- What are the praises snd supplications recited after the preyers (salat)?
- Can a person who cannot memorize any verses from the Quran due to an illness perform prayers by saying "Allahu akbar" only?
- salattuz tassbhi namaz
- Salat-u Tasbih (The Prayer of Glorification)