What part of the brain is related to logical reasoning?
Submitted by on Mon, 29/06/2020 - 11:48
Dear Brother / Sister,
7.5.1. Brain Regions in Logical Reasoning
The anterior region of the brain is related to paying attention, maintenance, directing attention, short, medium and continuous memory, patience, planning, designing, judging, reaction control, regularity, self-control, solving problems, thinking in detail, predicting about the future, drawing lessons from mistakes, understanding emotions and expression. Empathy, common sense, morale are characteristics of the anterior region of the brain.
There is a case called Elliot in the literature. This case, which is dealt with in neuroscience, is related to a successful lawyer in the United States. He was very successful; he had a house, car, yacht, etc. He suddenly underwent a personality change around the age of 40. He missed some trials, did not go to work, etc.
In fact, our brain does not work silently; it works unconsciously. We call what we call the unconscious/subconscious implicit memory. If we liken it a computer, the system files work in the computer though we do not notice them; similarly, the brain works though we do not notice it. These characteristics make man different from other living beings.
He lay lazily; after a while, he went to see the doctor for a problem. A tumor as big as a mandarin was observed in the anterior region of the brain in the MRI. After this tumor was removed, he recovered his personality slightly. It was found out that the damage to the front region of the brain caused the personality change.
Questions on Islam
- What kind of a relationship exists between abstract thought, conceptual thought, symbolic thought and the brain? What characteristics of the brain make man a different species from other living beings?
- How do the brains of schizophrenic people and people in depression work? What is the spirit like in cases of brain disorders?
- Is it possible for the roads in the brain to have formed based on coincidental existence?
- STUDIES IN THE FIELD OF PSYCHIATRY AND RELIGION
- Will you give information about the place of the logical reasoning methods in understanding the creation?
- Will you give information about reasoning methods with examples?
- Can the purposeful activities of mirror neurons in the brain and the connections between nerve cells be explained through coincidental existence?