What kind of relation is there between spirit and brain?
Atoms, which are deprived of knowledge, cannot gain the quality of Knowing no matter how perfectly they have come together. Brain is also composed of these atoms, which are unconscious, and without knowledge. It conveys and records the knowledge but does it unconsciously. It is just a tool like a floppy disk that performs the orders of a being called spirit.
The reality of Will is a marvel. To choose, to decide, to distinguish, to wish, to refuse, are not the things that an accumulation of flesh would perform. It cannot wish but carries out what spirit commands.
A brain, which is composed of billions of cells, is so marvelous a computer as to boggle mind. But like every computer, it also needs programming by someone. Brain resembles a central established to perform package programming that spirit produces, and convey it to various parts of body. It does not have the will to run after new ways, other possibilities, and different works.
- Do soldiers have to perform fasting?
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
- What are the wisdoms behind the fact that the time of the Night of Power changes in Ramadan and that it is secret?
- How should we make good use of the nights of Ramadan?
- Is it possible to fast in Ramadan without eating iftar?
- Will you give information about the fasting of a woman who is breastfeeding or pregnant?
- Does a woman who cannot fast in pregnancy perform fasting later or pay fidyah?
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- In some hadiths, the following is stated: "When the month of Ramadan comes, the rebellious devils (marada ash-shayatin) are chained." What does marada ash-shayatin mean? What are the manifestations of devils' being chained?
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?