The Sun is a benefaction; however, it sends harmful radiation too; trees give fruits; however, some of them are poisonous; along with wheat, there are harmful plants; does not this contradict with Allah’s compassion?
Submitted by on Sat, 20/08/2011 - 12:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
- First of all, there is a scientific rule as follows; “everything is known with its opposite.” For example, if there were not any illnesses, the value of the benefaction of healthiness, if there was not elderliness, the value of the benefaction of youthfulness, if there were not blindness, deafness and the calamity of dumbness, the value of the benefaction of seeing, hearing and talking could not be realized.
Similarly, if there were not any harmful radiation of the sun, we would not think of the various benefits of the sun for us.
In addition to this, since there are harmful things among the living things as well as beneficial ones, it shows the traces of Allah’s infinite wisdom, power and compassion. For example, if the levels of radiation were higher than now, it would be completely harmful. If the levels of oxygen-hydrogen were different than now, let alone the benefits, there would not be any living things because of their harms. If there were not bitter fruits like citrullus colocynthis, how would we realize what a great benefaction water-melon and melon are?
In short, blind and deaf people remind sensible people that seeing and hearing are among the benefactions given by Allah. Otherwise, the majority of humans could be blind. So, there is no coincidence. The sun gives the same lesson to us with its rays.
Yes, the construction of rays made suitable for living and semi-living creatures is a proof of Allah’s compassionate will of power.
Do not forget that Allah (SWT) has infinite compassion, knowledge, wisdom and power. He works, creates, organizes and designs with His infinite attributes. We cannot grasp His infinite works with our limited reasoning, thinking and knowledge.
Who knows what wisdoms there are behind the thorns of a rose apart from protection? Allah forbids us harmful things and plants; this is a test for us, too. Eating and drinking useful things is a natural, biological duty; similarly, it is a natural servitude duty to avoid harmful things.
Moreover, the world is not for humans only. It is a well known fact that many types of plants which we do not eat are eaten by other living things.
It is also said that lightening bug, which relies upon the tiny light at its back, disdains to benefit from the sun; thus it suffers in darkness. As humans, this is not a situation that is desired to be in.
Trying to explain the wisdom and knowledge of Almighty Allah (SWT), who is the sole creator of the stars and suns, with our limited reasoning and knowledge is like to be in the state of a lightening bug in darkness.
What we want to say is this: We have a right of learning the Divine power and its wisdoms in the universe, let us investigate and find out! However let us not allow Satan to make us doubt our belief and hesitate about it; let us say like the famous poet:
Our small minds cannot grasp those high truths,
because this scale cannot weigh that load.
Questions on Islam
- Question 18: Did the dust from which Hz. Adam was created have all elements?
- Question 46: How should the activity of God Almighty be explained to those who regard even miraculous events as normal and Allah’s commands as properties of things?
- Question 73: According to the theory of evolution, the useful ones among random mutations were passed down from generation to generation, and living beings of today came into being.
- Question 28: Are the disorders seen in the immune structure (defense system) of man, oxygen’s producing some harmful radicals in human body, harmful radiation of the sun reaching us, the emergence of some illnesses in man and
- The Proofs of Creation # 5: Names and characteristics cannot exist without having owners.
- The Fourteenth Word: Some verses and Hadiths which are difficult to understand: The creation of heavens and the earth in six days.
- IS LIFE A STRUGGLE?
- Is there a hadith like this?; “No one will enter Paradise based solely on his deeds”.
- Question 6: Is it appropriate in terms of mercy for the innocent people to die in earth quakes?
- Is the realm of Paradise which is promised to humans not an extreme favor? Does the attribute of Baqa (Everlastingness), which belongs only to Allah, not contradict the everlasting life of the people of Paradise?