Is the realm of Paradise which is promised to humans not an extreme favor? Does the attribute of Baqa (Everlastingness), which belongs only to Allah, not contradict the everlasting life of the people of Paradise?
Submitted by on Thu, 07/04/2011 - 11:23
Dear Brother / Sister,
Paradise is a reward given by Allah to His believing slaves. Of course, the promise our creator Allah (SWT), whose treasury and compassion is everlasting, gives to His believing slaves will be also unique.
If so many wonderful works are displayed in this world of guest-house, which is the place of minor manifestation of His names, then He will absolutely show magnificent things by giving His slaves all kinds of benefactions in the realm of Paradise, which is the place of the greatest manifestation of His names. Understand how suitable it is for wisdom and compassion to show His blessing with perfection in Paradise, which is a place of eternal happiness and utmost manifestation of His names… Badiuzzaman expresses it as follows; There being such reservoirs of mercy for the travellers in this guest-house of the world and their being utilized for man’s journeying, and for his ship, and his benefit shows that the One Who bestows such a profusion of gifts out of the seas on his guests of one night in a wayside inn, must surely have eternal seas of mercy at the seat of His everlasting rule, and those here are merely their small and transitory samples. (Şualar: Rays)
The eternalness of Allah (SWT) is a characteristic of Him. The eternalness of the inhabitants of Paradise and Hell will only be possible with the decision Allah.
For example, the sunlight, warmth and colors originate from the sun itself. The warmth, light and colors in the world originate from the sun, too. As long as the world exists, the beauties of the sun will continue. However, these beauties do not belong to the world but to the sun.
Similarly, the eternal one is Allah (SWT). The eternalness of the inhabitants of Paradise and Hell will only be possible through if He maintains them. For this reason, there is no contradiction between them.
The eternalness of Allah belongs to Himself. On the other hand, the eternalness of humans and other creatures will be possible if Allah maintains them.
Questions on Islam
- Will the Quran be read in Paradise? What will Paradise be like?
- Fifth Point: What meanings does a person who performs five daily prayers in times that each one indicates specific periods in the life span of man and universe express?
- What are Allah's attributes? How many groups are they divided into?
- Will you explain through examples the positive effects of belief in Allah on man's life?
- How is man defined according to the Western philosophy and Islam?
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- Sixth Truth: The indication of the persistent and ever-changing works in the world which present splendor and continuity along with the names of Glorious and Eternal to the hereafter.
- Will everybody be the same in Paradise? Will there be degrees of beauty?
- The new video of "Belief in the Hereafter" is now available!
- Belief in the Hereafter # 9: The Proof of Grandeur and Majesty