Does the existence of memory molecules (RNA, DNA) not show that the evolution is true? How should we evaluate the instinct in living creatures especially the magnificent arts of the living beings like the spider and bee?
Submitted by on Mon, 24/01/2011 - 15:06
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah (SWT), who is the creator of living things, normally codified and stored the genetic structure of every living thing in their genes that are located in the chromosomes of cell nucleus. There are approximately 100 trillion nuclei in the human body. In every nucleus, this genetic structure exists. The structure of those genes in the chromosomes comes into existence by DeoxyRibo Nucleic Acids known by the initials of DNA. They are big molecules. C, H, O and N atoms form the structure of them, too. All characteristics of the living things are coded there. We see the expansion of these things in plants, animals and humans. The whole program of a fig tree is in this genetic structure thereby in its seed. With its expansion, all the characteristics of a fig tree become apparent.
The recorded information in these DNAs is just like recording information on CDs or DVDs. Thousands of pages of information can be recorded in a very small place.
The recording of all characteristics of all genetic elements in every living thing or even in every cell of every living thing on the elements such as C, H, O and N is significant since it shows us that Allah (SWT) has power on everything and His wisdom and will covers everywhere. That the same law is valid in all the plants, animals and humans in the world is the greatest evidence that their Creator is the same and His domination is valid everywhere.
It is not possible to understand how such genetic information is attributed to the theory of evolution which puts forward that all living creatures come into existence as a result of coincidence and a line of descent without a creator and which is completely based on atheism.
Let us put it briefly: if there is not a wise maker, doer and recorder of the information of the CDs or DVDs in your hand and if you accept that the information and images in them come into existence coincidentally, then you can claim that the information on DNAs does not have a maker. If you believe it so, you can only believe yourself. It is not even possible to make a primary school student believe it. Such a sophistry has no connection whatsoever with scientific information.
As for the art of the bee and its honey, Allah (SWT) declares that He recorded that information in the mind of the bee in the “Chapter an-Nahl”. Just like we load a carpeting program on a computer and weave a carpet by pressing a button, so too does the bee perform his duty according to the program given to it. More precisely, the bee is being employed on that work. You can call it instinct or divine motive. Scientific information researches about how and from where this bee is making the honey. It cannot answer the questions about for what purpose and by whom the bee is being employed. The answer of this can be given by the creator of the bee.
Prof. Dr. Âdem Tatlı.
Questions on Islam
- BASIC FALLACIES IN THE VIEW OF EVOLUTION: 1 CONFUSION OF SCIENTIFICITY, BELIEF AND IMPARTIALITY
- Do environmental conditions change the genetic structures of beings?
- Is the genetic similarity between humans and apes 98%? Can this similarity be a proof for evolution?
- DILEMMAS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION
- Is the statement “A human being is the product of seventy per cent genetics + thirty per cent environment” true? Are genetic codes effective in unbelief?
- EXAMINATION OF PSEUDOGENES FROM THE VIEWPOINTS OF EVOLUTION AND CREATION
- Can living cells be produced in laboratories?
- Is the first artificial bacterium DNA that the scientists from Craig Venter Institute produced in the laboratory environment and its transplant into a cell of a bacterium of the kind of Mycoplasma related with creating out of nothing?
- ARE INSECTS, WHICH ARE PERFECT CREATURES ON EARTH, A PRODUCT OF EVOLUTION?