Can DNAs not be shown as the unique reason for the harmony among the living beings as long as there are adequate conditions? Is it not possible that life may have existed after the coincidental formation of the first DNAs?
Submitted by on Mon, 10/10/2011 - 12:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
All living beings and even non-living beings consist of 114 elements. The most common elements in living beings are carbon, oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen. Along with those elements, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and sulfur unite based on certain laws and yield DNAs (Deoxyribonucleic Acids). Those DNAs unite and form chromosomes. There are genes in certain regions of the chromosome structures. All genetic characteristics of a living being are recorded in the form of codes.
It is just like the large amount of information recorded in a flash disc, Cd or DVD. The information in the flash disc or CD is recorded in the form of codes. When you look at the flash disc with naked eyes, it is not possible to see any writing or figures on it. Thus, the genetic characteristics of every living being are recorded in genes or in DNAs that form the foundations of genes.
One of the reasons of harmony or similarity among living beings is DNAs. However, the difference in the arrangement of atoms in DNAs causes the genetic structure to be encoded differently. The material used in a flash disc or CD are materially the same. However, the information that is stored or encoded are different. It is necessary to look at the difference of information in DNAs from this point of view.
In the second part of the question, this is asked:“Is it not possible that the first DNAs have formed coincidentally?”First of all, it is necessary to ask this:
- Why are DNAs expected to form coincidentally?
First, let us examine the issue of coincidence. Let us see what is behind it. We will ask a question here. Answer the question not ideologically but based on your mind, reason and the most important of all your conscience. This is the question:
-Will you accept that your socks or your shirt settled on your body coincidentally or they left your body coincidentally? Can you give only one example that something like that took place coincidentally? For instance, since all of the food items are together in the kitchen, can you claim that the soup cooked coincidentally?
It is not possible for a person who heeds his mind and conscience to answer those questions positively.
Since even soup does not form coincidentally, how can DNA, which stores thousands of information, form coincidentally? Then, how can that much information come coincidentally from the realm of the unknown and settle in DNA? Then, how can a cell form coincidentally? How can DNA enter that cell coincidentally and give life to that cell?
You cannot see such a story even in 1001 nights.
Is it not more reasonable that living beings and DNAs are the work of a creator who has endless knowledge will and power?
The world is a place of testing. A person can heed his mind reason and, the most important of all, his consciousness and attribute the formation of everything to a creator if he wants to do so. Another person can abandon his mind, reason and conscience, be stuck in his feelings and ideology and see everything as a work of coincidence and nature if he wants to do so.
Questions on Islam
- Does the existence of memory molecules (RNA, DNA) not show that the evolution is true? How should we evaluate the instinct in living creatures especially the magnificent arts of the living beings like the spider and bee?
- Question 9: Is it true that the genetic similarity between man and ape is 98%?
- What is spirit (rooh)? Can spirit's essence be comprehended? Is spirit merely brain? What is the relationship between spirit and body?
- Are the explanations made as “the Evolution Theory has been proved” true to a certain extent? It is said that the receptor gene of the Aldosterone hormone has been detected and all scientists of the West supported the evolution?
- Is the genetic similarity between humans and apes 98%? Can this similarity be a proof for evolution?
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)
- LIMITS OF SCIENCE AND RELIGION
- What are some questions for materialist evolutionists about programmed cell death?
- What is the real existance of a living thing(spl:Human) spirit or body?
- Question 10: How would you explain the fact that apes act in a similar way to humans?