Are there any hadiths about praying the tahajjud prayer in congregation?
Submitted by on Mon, 16/11/2009 - 09:54
Dear Brother / Sister,
We do not know a hadith about this practice. However, according to the Shafii sect, supererogatory prayers may be performed in congregation. This has been permitted. There may be some scholars allowing this practice in other sects. They might have included Tahajjud prayer in this permission depending on the fact that some supererogatory prayers are being performed in congregation. Performing other supererogatory prayers in congregation is highly disapproved. There may be slight differences among the sects.
Questions on Islam
- Can we perform congregational salah (prayer) with my wife and children at home?
- Why do we follow madhabs while praying?
- How is Tarawih Prayer Performed?
- What is the criterion for the length of the ruku and sajdah in prayers? How many times can invocations be recited at ruku (bowing down in prayer) and sajdah (prostration) at most?
- Can tarawih prayer be performed individually?
- Can we perform the noon prayer in congregation at home on Friday since Friday prayer is not performed nowadays?
- How many ayahs can the imam read the most while performing salah in congregation?
- What are the sunna prayers (the prayers performed by our Prophet Muhammad-pbuh-, and performing of which are recommended but not obligatory)?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- Which (Islamic) sect (madhhab) is better to follow? Which one is superior to others? What is the reason of difference of the sects?