Can we perform congregational salah (prayer) with my wife and children at home?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 13:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
Yes, you can perform prayers in congregation with your wife and children. However, sunnahs that are connected to fards cannot be performed in congregation. They need to be performed alone.
According to Hanafi madhhab (school of law), apart from nafilah salahs (supererogatory prayers) like tarawih, salat-ul kusuf (prayer during a solar eclipse ) and salat-ul khusuf (prayer during a lunar eclipse), performing nafilah salahs in congregation is makruh (abominable)
Questions on Islam
- Is there any objection to praying the sunnahs of the prayer at home and its fard at mosque? If some time passes between the fard and sunnah, will this be a hindrance for the prayer?
- Will you give information about performing sunnah prayers at home?
- Rawatib Prayers
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Could you please give information about Daily Prayer (Salah)?
- When was salah (daily prayer) rendered fard for the first time?
- SALAT (PRAYER)-II
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Should a woman perform salah (prayer) in a place where there are men? Or should she postpone it and perform it later?