How many ayahs can the imam read the most while performing salah in congregation?
Submitted by on Sun, 03/05/2015 - 22:43
Dear Brother / Sister,
The imam must avoid the things that may cause hatred in at the congregation. It is not appropriate for the imam to prolong reading the Quran or prayers so much as to bore the congregation. Here, he must find the minimum level of sunnah sufficient. For, to prolong reading give weariness to the congregation, and this is makruh.
The thawab of performing salah in congregation is great. It is not convenient to deprive others from this thawab. It is not makruh to prolong the reading if the congregation is willing
However, it is makruh for the imam hurry so much as not to give the congregation enough time to complete ruku and sajdah dhikrs and tashahhud in accordance with the sunnah.
It is also makruh for the imam to prolong ruku for the congregation to catch up.
Questions on Islam
- Jama’ah Salah (Prayer in Congregation)
- Is it all right to say prayers while the imam is reciting while leading a prayer to the congregation? For example can one pray by saying, “O Allah forgive me“?
- Is it appropriate to delay a prayer so that the congregation will catch up with it?
- Tarawih Prayer
- Prayers in Congregation
- In the salah, if we forget an ayah while reading a short additional chapter like Surah al-Ikhlas, must we perform sajdah as-sahw?
- If a person who has not performed the sunnah of the morning prayer (fajr) arrives at the congregation performing the fard, should he perform the sunnah prayer or follow the congregation?
- What are the necessary qualities for an Imam to have in order to lead a congregational prayer?
- Is it enough to listen to the tasbihat uttered by the Muezzin aloud?
- When should one make niyyah (intention) while praying in congregation? Is it all right to make niyyah before the imam utters takbir?