How can the soul be purified?
The purification (tazkiyah) of the soul has two meanings: The first one is to justify the soul, to consider it faultless, to cover up its mistakes and if possible to show them as virtues. In the expressions above, purification is used in this sense.
The verse Justify not yourselves (an-Najm, 32) is in this sense.
In Risale-I Nur Collection, the state of an unpurified soul is described as follows:
One who loves himself if his evil-commanding soul has not been purified-will love no one else. Even if he apparently loves someone, he does not do so sincerely, but only for the pleasure of it and the benefits he receives. He always tries to make himself liked. Also, he does not ascribe faults to himself; he defends and exonerates himself like a lawyer. He praises himself, exaggerating and even lying, showing himself to be free of fault, as though sanctifying himself. (Flashes)
There is also the purification of the soul that is encouraged by the verse: Truly he succeeds that purifies it. (ash-Shams, 9). Our scholars explain it as freeing the soul from evil deeds, that is, being freed from polytheism through belief and from sins through piety and then increasing it by good deeds.
- The First Step: Not purifying the soul.
- How is the soul purified?
- Addendum: Ways of cleaning the soul and developing the spirit.
- Addendum The way of “weakness, poverty, compassion and reflection”, which are taken from the Qur’an and lead man to the Divine names of All-Merciful, All-Compassionate and All-Wise; the conditions of this way and its differences from tariqah.
- When we advise some people to perform prayers, we receive a reply like this: Ignore prayers and look at my heart How True is That Answer?
- Third Step: To regard the faults as coming from yourself, to know that all good deeds, power and richness from Allah.
- Second Step: To think of yourself when it comes to death and service of others, to forget yourself when it comes to pleasure and desires.
- Third Stopping-Place: The point of views of the people of misguidance and the people of guidance on the worldly life.
- What does training of soul mean?
- 10- Satan does not allow man to confess his mistakes