The First Step: Not purifying the soul.
THE FIRST STEP: As the verse, Therefore, do not justify yourselves suggests, it is to not purify the soul. For on account of his nature and innate disposition, man loves himself. Indeed, he loves himself before anything else, and only himself. He sacrifices everything other than himself to his own soul. He praises himself in a manner befitting some object of worship. He absolves and exonerates himself from faults in the same way. As far as he possibly can, he does not see faults as being appropriate for him, and does not accept them. He defends himself passionately as though worshipping himself. Even, using on himself the members and faculties given him as part of his nature in order to praise and glorify the True Object of Worship, he displays the meaning of the verse, Who takes as his god his own desires.1 He considers himself, he relies on himself, he fancies himself. Thus, his purification and cleansing at this stage, in this step, is to not purify himself; it is not to absolve himself.
1. Qur’an, 25:43; 45:23.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Addendum: Ways of cleaning the soul and developing the spirit.
- Addendum The way of “weakness, poverty, compassion and reflection”, which are taken from the Qur’an and lead man to the Divine names of All-Merciful, All-Compassionate and All-Wise; the conditions of this way and its differences from tariqah.
- Second Step: To think of yourself when it comes to death and service of others, to forget yourself when it comes to pleasure and desires.
- Third Step: To regard the faults as coming from yourself, to know that all good deeds, power and richness from Allah.
- Why do many people not want to admit their mistakes?
- 10- Satan does not allow man to confess his mistakes
- How can the soul be purified?
- Why does man blame qadar?
- The Fifteenth Word: The living beings, angels, the Jinn and devils in space.
- What is the dua that Hz. Abu Bakr recite in prayer?