The First Step: Not purifying the soul.
THE FIRST STEP: As the verse, Therefore, do not justify yourselves suggests, it is to not purify the soul. For on account of his nature and innate disposition, man loves himself. Indeed, he loves himself before anything else, and only himself. He sacrifices everything other than himself to his own soul. He praises himself in a manner befitting some object of worship. He absolves and exonerates himself from faults in the same way. As far as he possibly can, he does not see faults as being appropriate for him, and does not accept them. He defends himself passionately as though worshipping himself. Even, using on himself the members and faculties given him as part of his nature in order to praise and glorify the True Object of Worship, he displays the meaning of the verse, Who takes as his god his own desires.1 He considers himself, he relies on himself, he fancies himself. Thus, his purification and cleansing at this stage, in this step, is to not purify himself; it is not to absolve himself.
1. Qur’an, 25:43; 45:23.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Addendum: Ways of cleaning the soul and developing the spirit.
- Addendum The way of “weakness, poverty, compassion and reflection”, which are taken from the Qur’an and lead man to the Divine names of All-Merciful, All-Compassionate and All-Wise; the conditions of this way and its differences from tariqah.
- Why do many people not want to admit their mistakes?
- Second Step: To think of yourself when it comes to death and service of others, to forget yourself when it comes to pleasure and desires.
- Third Step: To regard the faults as coming from yourself, to know that all good deeds, power and richness from Allah.
- How can the soul be purified?
- 10- Satan does not allow man to confess his mistakes
- What does training of soul mean?
- First Fruit: The place of love in the realm of beings; the targets where love and fear should be directed at. What is the fear of Allah? How is it achieved?
- The reason for the severe threats about abandoning prayers