Third Step: To regard the faults as coming from yourself, to know that all good deeds, power and richness from Allah.
THIRD STEP: As the verse, Whatever good happens to you is from Allah, but whatever evil befalls you is from yourself teaches, the nature of the evil-commanding soul demands that it always considers goodness to be from itself and becomes vain and conceited. Thus, in this Step, a person sees only faults, defects, impotence, and poverty in himself, and understands that all his good qualities and perfections are bounties bestowed on him by the All-Glorious Creator. He gives thanks instead of being conceited, and offers praise instead of boasting. According to the meaning of the verse, Truly he succeeds who purifies it,1 his purification at this stage is to know his perfection to lie in imperfection, his power in impotence, and his wealth in poverty.
1. Qur’an, 91:9.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Addendum The way of “weakness, poverty, compassion and reflection”, which are taken from the Qur’an and lead man to the Divine names of All-Merciful, All-Compassionate and All-Wise; the conditions of this way and its differences from tariqah.
- Second Step: To think of yourself when it comes to death and service of others, to forget yourself when it comes to pleasure and desires.
- Addendum: Ways of cleaning the soul and developing the spirit.
- Second Point: The meaning of worship. The meanings that words and actions in prayers (salat) express.
- Sixth Step: Indications for the aspects of Divine Sovereignty in the stoning of devils.
- Third Remark: What does man gain and lose by using his feelings and abilities only for the life of the world? Transforming the pleasures of the world life into the duty of servitude.
- The Thirty-Third Word: It explains that there is a window opening to Almighty Allah in everything with thirty-three examples.
- The Eleventh Word: The meanings that prescribed prayers express. The aims of the creation of senses and faculties of man. The nine aims of human life.