When did Hz. Fatima and Hz. Ali get married?
Submitted by on Wed, 03/04/2019 - 12:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hazrat Fatima married Hazrat Ali five months after the Messenger of Allah honored Madinah in the month of Rajab. Their wedding was in the month of Dhul-Hijjah in the 2nd year of Hijrah after the Battle of Badr.
Hazrat Fatima was the youngest and his most beloved daughter. Whenever the Prophet returned from a battle or expedition, he went to the mosque first to perform a prayer of two rak’ahs and then he went to Hazrat Fatima; after that, he went to his wives.1
Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrates:
“I have never seen anyone whose words and speech resemble those of the Messenger of Allah. When Fatima came, the Messenger of Allah would welcome her with compassion and greet her by saying, “Welcome!”
I have never seen anyone more straightforward than Fatima.”2
The walking style of Fatima (may Allah be pleased with her) resembled that of the Prophet a lot.
Once, Hazrat Aisha was asked, “Who was the most beloved person for the Prophet?”
Hazrat Aisha answered, “Fatima”
When she was asked, “Who was the most beloved man for the Prophet?”, she answered,
1. al-Istiab, 4/1895.
2. Tabari, 2/290-292.
3. Tabaqat, 1/248-249.
Questions on Islam
- Some other important events of the 2nd Year of Hijrah
- Fatima (r.anha)
- When and how did the miracles of Isra and Miraj, which are among the greatest miracles of the Prophet (pbuh) take place? How did the Prophet (pbuh) narrate this incident?
- Aisha bint Abi Bakr (r.anha)
- The Battle of Uhud
- The Prophet has his Household moved to Medina from Mecca
- Will you give information about the children of the Prophet (pbuh)?