When was Hz. Husayn born?
Submitted by on Tue, 02/04/2019 - 15:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hazrat Husayn, the second son of Hazrat Ali and Fatima and the grandson of the Messenger of Allah was born in the month of Shaban in the 4th year of the Migration.
The Prophet slaughtered two rams on the seventh day of his birth for his grandson, recited adhan into his ear and cut his hair.
Hazrat Husayn looked like the Prophet just like his brother, Hazrat Hasan. The Prophet prayed for his grandsons as follows:
“O Allah! I love them; please love them...”1
Once, Abu Ayyub al-Ansari (may Allah be pleased with him) saw Hazrat Hasan and Hazrat Husayn playing in front of the Messenger of Allah. He asked,
“O Messenger of Allah! Do you love them a lot?” The Prophet answered,
“Of course, I do. They are two basils that I smell in this world.”2
1. Tirmidhi, Sunan, Vol. 5. p. 661.
2. Tirmidhi, ibid, Vol. 5. p. 657.
Questions on Islam
- New Marriages of the Prophet
- Some other Important Incidents of the 4th Year of the Migration
- When did Umm Kulthum, who was the daughter of the Messenger of Allah and wife of Hz. Uthman, pass away?
- The Conquest of Makkah
- The Treaty of Hudaybiyah
- How did the Prophet (pbuh) lead the janazah prayer of the Abyssinian king, the Negus Ashama?
- When was hajj rendered fard? What verses were sent down regarding the issue?
- The Death of Abdullah bin Ubayy
- The Prophet Asks the Muslims to Forgive Him and He Forgives them
- His Information related to the Future Turn out True