When was Hussein, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), born?
In the fourth year of the Hijra (Muslims emigration from Mecca to Medina), in the month of Shaban, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), the second son of Ali and Fatima was born. On the seventh day of his birth, the Prophet Muhammad had two rams sacrificed, recited the Adhan (Muslim call to prayer) into his ears, gave him a name and had his hair cut (all of which are Muslim rituals when a baby is born). Like his other grandson Hasan, Hussein resembled his grandfather as well. For his two grandsons, he always prayed: O lord! I love them. And you love them too. (1)
One day, when Abu Ayyubil Ansari went to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), he saw that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was playing with them. When he asked, Do you love them? he told him, Is it ever possible not to love them? They are my sweet basils in the world that I can smell. (2)
1. Tirmidhi, Sunan, 5:661.
2. Tirmidhi, Sunan 5:657.
- What does Nur al-Muhammadi (Light of Muhammad) mean?
- Why was Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) polygamous?
- Can a dead person contact with the actual world? Can they see the people who visit their graves?
- Will you give information about listening to the adhan, repeating the words of the adhan and showing respect to the adhan?
- How should our style (method) be in (conveying the message of Islam, propagation of Islam)? How should I convey the message of Islam to people who despise Islam?
- How and when alcoholic drinks were proclaimed religiously forbidden?
- Is it permissible to despise sinners or non-Muslims and humiliate them?
- Will you explain the difference between a verse (ayah) and a hadith?
- How should we understand the concept ethics and the hadith stating “I was sent to complete the high ethics”?
- “My Ummah will divide into seventy-three different sects, only one sect will be ahl an–najat (people of salvation)”. What does this hadith mean? Could you please explain it?