What is the wisdom behind the fact that the lifetime of man is short in the world and man was created last?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/11/2011 - 09:51
Dear Brother / Sister,
The creation of the world took place based on the divine wisdom. The wisdom shows the chain of reasons among the steps of man; therefore, it enables us to read those reasons and understand the creation of man. Today scientists can make a scientific estimation about the age of the universe thanks to the door left ajar by the wisdom. The fact that the universe was created in 6 days, that is, in 6 periods, is one of the doors left ajar by divine wisdom. The Quran and the other heavenly revelations pointed out those 6 periods; so, man was able to find out that they were 2 astronomical and 4 geological periods.
The reason why the universe was created in a way that man can understand is to teach man the existence and oneness of Allah, which is the fundamental aim of the heavenly books. Today science says that the universe was created later, which shows that the divine wisdom within the framework of the law of evolvement carried out in the creation of the universe has reached its target. The phases in the creation of man express that wisdom, too.
The divine wisdom, which deemed it suitable to create the universe within the framework of the law of evolvement, also deemed it suitable to create man, which is the last fruit of the universe, to create last because the sultans come later. Man, who is the vicegerent on earth, the apple of the universe, the only being that is addressed by the divine revelation, the greatest sign of the book of the universe, a kind of index of the all beings, the being that was created in the best mold and placed on the peak, was created last due to the necessity of the principle of gradualism and evolvement.
Man is a living being like the other living beings. He needs an environment that has the necessary conditions for life like the other living beings. We learn from the statements in the Quran that the last properties of the universe that were made active were the atmosphere, oxygen and similar conditions for life. Then, the fact that man was created after the formation of the conditions of life is a necessity of the wisdom. Otherwise, it would be impossible for man to live.
The arrangement of the universe in a way to fit man after the formation of the conditions for life is another indication of the value that Allah gives to man.
First plants, then trees, and then other living beings were created; eventually, man was created. That is, when Allah, who is the most Merciful and Compassionate, wanted to place man in the womb in the form of a fetus, He equipped the womb with the necessary conditions of life; similarly, when He wanted to place man on earth, He equipped the earth with the necessary conditions of life. Therefore, He created the sun, moon, stars, land, air, sea, plants, trees, gardens, orchards, bread, fish, apples, etc.
Due to the wisdoms mentioned above and similar ones, man became the last guest of the universe and the last inhabitant on earth because sultans come after everybody.
Questions on Islam
- Is life a distilled essence of the universe?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- Philosophy is called as the Science of Wisdom in the Past References. Could this name be used for all the philosophical trends? Are All the Philosophers on the Path of Wisdom?
- Why did Allah (SWT) create the universe based on the laws of chemistry, physics? What is the wisdom behind the fact that life is based on these laws? Why was the universe not created at once?
- Will you give information about the law of perfection that is valid in the universe? Is there any evidence that man is directed toward an eternal realm?
- THE VIEW OF EVOLUTIONISTS AND CREATIONISTS ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS
- Third Topic: Divine Determining in the realm of living creatures; The Clear Book and The Clear Record; Self-evident Divine Determining and Theoretical Divine Determining; freedom and Divine Determining.
- Is it possible to lengthen the lifespan of man?
- How can we tell unbelievers about Allah’s existence?
- Question 1: How long is it since the creation of the first man?