When will Doomsday strike? Is the information that it will strike in the evening true? When it is the evening in a European country, it is the morning in America. How will Doomsday take place then?
Submitted by on Fri, 03/03/2017 - 11:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
The following is stated in a hadith narrated by Abu Hurayra:
"The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it, Adam was created. On it, he was made to enter Paradise; on it, he was expelled from it. And the last hour will take place on no day other than Friday." (Muslim, Jumua, 18)
On the other hand, it is mentioned in the statements of the Prophet (pbuh) that Doomsday will strike in the evening:
“Doomsday will strike in the evening when the sun sets.” (Bukhari, Tafsiru Surah 6/9; Tirmidhi, Daawat, 98)
The Prophet (pbuh) also said,
“I am the prophet after the time of the afternoon.” (Tafsiru Ibn Kathir, XII/6549)
Thus, it is understood that these times are not related to the times of the earth we live in and the days on it.
In fact, the day, year, man and universe remind one another; they are samples of one another. That is, almost the same things happen in these four things. For instance,
- When the day starts in the morning, the morning of the year is the time of spring. Similarly, man is born in the uterus and the universe is born on the first day of its creation of six phases.
- The noontime of the day reminds the midsummer, youth of man’s lifespan and the creation of humans in the life of the universe.
- The afternoon time reminds the last days of the summer, old age in man’s life and the time of the Prophet (pbuh) of the end of time in the life of the universe. Accordingly, the Prophet (pbuh) came to the world after the afternoon time in the life of man or the universe.
- The evening time reminds fall (autumn) in man’s life and the Day of Judgment in the life of the universe, which is its destruction.
Accordingly, Doomsday striking in the evening should be understood as the evening time of the universe, not the evening time of the day of the earth we live.
What is meant by Doomsday striking on Friday is not the Friday of the earth. Doomsday of the universe will take place on the Friday of the universe.
Questions on Islam
- What is the importance of Friday and what are the deeds of worship to be performed on that day?
- Does the Qur'an prophetize this current time period as an end of an era or the end of life altogether?
- Why are prayers allocated to five times?
- Friday Prayer
- Mark Shaffer, American lawyer & millionaire, converted to Islam
- What is the importance of Friday prayer?
- How will life be in the realm of barzakh? Will people not feel bored waiting for such a long time?
- Will the spirits in graves be affected by the horror of Doomsday? What will the state of believers be like when Doomsday strikes?
- How many groups are angels divided into? What are their duties?
- The Times of Prayers