What are the views about the nature of death?
Submitted by on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 15:43
Dear Brother / Sister,
9.2-WHAT IS THE REALITY OF DEATH?*
Although death is an avoidable phenomenon that happens to every living being, its real nature has remained hidden throughout human history. Materialist evolutionists regarded death as a coincidental, harmful and passive incident that ended the life of living beings and saw it as a trap set by nature. They thought that death was decay, decomposition and elimination. Some philosophers interpreted aging and death as a bad fate.
Is death really bad? Is it a work of nature?
Death is not a purposeless event that occurs coincidentally. Death occurs intentionally within the framework of a program placed in the living being, that is, death is created. Therefore, death is not actually a means of elimination, but a necessary mechanism to live and maintain a healthy life.
Robert Browning says,
‘You cannot know the meaning of life until you die; it is death that makes life livable and gives importance to it.’ Dr. Mak states that life will not exist without cell death.1
Death is not actually a means of elimination, but a necessary mechanism for to live and maintain a healthy life.
John Owen says, ‘We, mortal beings, die in thousands of ways but we are born in one way. There are thousands of human diseases but there is only one health.’
In addition to human beings and multicellular organisms’ dying in thousands of different ways, it has been understood today that cells also die in thousands of different ways. That is, there are thousands of causes and different forms of programmed cell death in living beings.2
In this world, life, in fact, exist with death; death is more apparent than life.
The following is stated in a verse about death in the Holy Quran:
“It is Allah Who causeth the seed-grain and the date-stone to split and sprout. He causeth the living to issue from the dead, and He is the one to cause the dead to issue from the living. That is Allah: then how are ye deluded away from the truth?” (al-Anam, 95).
Tafsir scholars who interpret the relevant verses and hadiths state that death occurs by the predestination of Almighty Allah, that it is created just like life and that it is the beginning of a new life.3
*Article in print (Âdem Dursun, ÂdemTatlı, Ercan Kaya, İdrin Görmez, Nihat Yatkın, Orhan Erdoğan, Ömer İrfan Küfrevioğlu, Veysel Güllüce. Bilimlerin Işığında Evrim Görüşünün Sorgulanması ve Yaratılış. Atatürk ÜniversitesiYayını, 2019, p.108-130)
1.Mak T.,Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 2003, 9: 483-8.
2.Banfalvi G.,Apoptosis, 2017, 22, 169–174.
3.Nursi, B.S.Mektubat. Türkiye Diyanet Vakfı Yayınları-605, 2nd impression, Ankara, 2016, 2018. p. 12, 287.
Questions on Islam
- What are some questions for materialist evolutionists about programmed cell death?
- How does healthy life become possible through programmed cell death?
- Why is programmed cell death important for unicellular living beings?
- How does the religion of Islam evaluate death?
- What are the evidences in the human body that show the creator?
- For what purposes are programmed cell death used?
- How is programmed death used in the production of reproduction cells?
- Question 55: I do not believe in Islam. If there is an order in the universe arising from chaos and if Allah created the order, who created chaos?
- Creation through the Language of Sciences
- Question 69: Can a cell come into being spontaneously? Can Stromatolite organisms, which are regarded as the ancestors of living beings, not come into being spontaneously? How is the birth and death of cells in sea water?