How is programmed death used in the production of reproduction cells?
Submitted by on Wed, 01/07/2020 - 16:49
Dear Brother / Sister,
9.2.11-Programmed death is used in the production of reproduction cells too
Programmed cell deatha regulatory mechanism in sperm production (Spermatogenesis) and continues throughout life. Programmed cell death in sperm production is used for the following purposes:
a) To limit the number of sperm with the number that Sertoli cells can support,
b) To act selectively in case of abnormally low sperm count,
c) To ensure the repair of sperm with disrupted DNA structure, to prevent faulty genetic information from passing to the embryo by killing them if they cannot be repaired.
Programmed cell death is also used to eliminate more than 99% of germ cells in the mammal ovaries (the initial state of the egg cell before maturation). Thus, less than 1% of germ cells undergo meiosis to become mature egg cells suitable for fertilization and embryonal development. A five-month-old female fetus ovarium contains approximately 7-8 million immature eggs (oogonium in the primordial follicle); it falls to around 400-500 thousand until puberty. From puberty to menopause, only 400-500 eggs can be thrown. Such a decrease in the number of eggs in ovaries occurs due to atresia, fever, necrosis and usually programmed cell death. Sperm and egg cells are necessary for the existence of man in terms of causes. Programmed cell death mechanism is actively used for the healthy production of these cells.1
1.Tiwari et al.,Apoptosis, 2015, 20, 1019–1025.
Questions on Islam
- How does healthy life become possible through programmed cell death?
- Question 20: The following is stated in verses 6 and 7 of the chapter of at-Tariq in the Quran: He is created from a drop emitted- proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs. Evolutionists say that this verse is not scientific.
- The following is stated in verse 7 of the chapter of at-Tariq in the Quran: “He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:” Evolutionists say that the verse above is not scientific. What is the truth about it?
- How does the religion of Islam evaluate death?
- Why is programmed cell death important for unicellular living beings?
- For what purposes are programmed cell death used?
- How is programmed cell death used in the development of plants?
- Can you make some explanations about test-tube baby?
- Is it permissible to have a test tube baby? What are the conditions of having a test tube baby? Are the methods of determining the gender of the baby permissible?
- Will you give information about the scientific reason for the differences of human faces and the faces of the other beings among themselves and the wisdom behind this creation?