test tube baby
Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2010 - 20:39
Dear Brother / Sister,
The fact that more than one blastocyst is produced in the test tube baby method and that some of them are placed into the uterus and others are destroyed or used in researches and the treatment of some diseases makes the test tube baby issue debatable again in terms of religion. It is because there are some scientists that regard zygote that forms after the insemination of the egg by the sperm as a human being. Accordingly, the human being should be shown respect from the first moment; his legal rights should be recognized and they should not be violated.
In order to eliminate this objection, if possible, no eggs more than necessary should be inseminated and they should be preserved through scientific-technological means; only the eggs that are necessary should be inseminated. Otherwise, it will be objectionable to eliminate the inseminated eggs in terms of religion.
Diyanet İşleri Başkanlığı - Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar II. 326
Questions on Islam
- test tube baby
- Can you make some explanations about test-tube baby?
- Question 4: What is the difference between a test tube baby and cloning a sheep?
- Question 74: Some scientists claim that the universe is not perfect and that there is no system. For instance, they say, “It is not perfection for animals to eat one another savagely.”They also say, “DNA’s sequence is not perfect.”Is it true?
- Knowing the Creator and understanding Creation through Questions
- Will you give information about reasoning methods with examples?
- Is recovery a result of medication?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Will you give information about the scientific reason for the differences of human faces and the faces of the other beings among themselves and the wisdom behind this creation?
- Question 67: Intelligent design or evolutionary design? It is claimed on the Internet that this universe is a product of bad design and that man was not the most honorable creature but the most miserable creature. What would you say?