test tube baby
Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2010 - 20:32
Dear Brother / Sister,
The fact that more than one blastocyst is produced in the test tube baby method and that some of them are placed into the uterus and others are destroyed or used in researches and the treatment of some diseases makes the test tube baby issue debatable again in terms of religion. It is because there are some scientists that regard zygote that forms after the insemination of the egg by the sperm as a human being. Accordingly, the human being should be shown respect from the first moment; his legal rights should be recognized and they should not be violated.
In order to eliminate this objection, if possible, no eggs more than necessary should be inseminated and they should be preserved through scientific-technological means; only the eggs that are necessary should be inseminated. Otherwise, it will be objectionable to eliminate the inseminated eggs in terms of religion.
Diyanet İşleri Başkanlığı - Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar II. 326
Questions on Islam
- test tube baby
- Can you make some explanations about test-tube baby?
- Will you give information about reasoning methods with examples?
- Is recovery a result of medication?
- How should we inform our children about sexuality?
- Will you give information about the scientific reason for the differences of human faces and the faces of the other beings among themselves and the wisdom behind this creation?
- How should we regard the existence of unicellular hermaphrodite creatures though it is stated that all creatures were created in pairs?
- Is the mud from which the first man was created DNA molecule?
- How does creation occur according to modern medicine and Islam?
- Will you give information about the place of the logical reasoning methods in understanding the creation?