Parents and the orders of Allah
Submitted by on Mon, 29/06/2009 - 07:44
Dear Brother / Sister,
Parents are not obeyed about the issues that are contrary to the orders of Allah. A child is not obliged to perform prayers before he reaches puberty. Puberty starts when a boy has a wet dream (ejaculation) or when he becomes 15.
Our Prophet ordered parents to make their young children familiar with prayers when they become 7 years old. They were advised to give more importance to it and beat them slightly if necessary when they become 10 years old.
When we take into consideration that hadith and the recommendations of scholars based on the hadith, we can say that it is not right for parents to prevent their children from praying. Naturally, it is also necessary to take into consideration the body structure and health of the child.
Questions on Islam
- How old should one start to perform prayers?
- Obeying the Rahmaniyat Laws
- Parent-Child Relations
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- Watching TV
- Things which invalidate the Fast
- Who Must Pray?
- Prophet Zakariyya [Zacharias] & Yahya [John] (Peace be upon them)
- How our Prophet (Pbuh) slept at night and What should we do when we go to bed at night?
- salat and kids