salat and kids
Submitted by on Sun, 12/09/2010 - 03:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is necessary to reach the age of puberty for the daily prayers to be obligatory. It is obligatory for a boy to perform daily prayers when he starts to have wet dreams or to ejaculate. If he starts to have wet dreams or to ejaculate before he is 15, it becomes obligatory for him to perform daily prayers. If you have not had any wet dreams or have not ejaculated yet, you are not regarded to have committed sins; however, we advise you to perform your daily prayers regularly beginning from now, acting upon the word of the Prophet, “Have your children perform prayers when they are ten years old.” Thus, you will not have any difficulties in the future.
Take precautions in order to wake up for the morning prayer. Tell your family to wake you up or set an alarm clock. Before you go to bed, pray to Allah in order to wake up for the morning prayer. We hope you will wake up more easily by doing so.
The children who die before reaching the age of puberty will go to Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- How to wake up for Salat Al-Fajr (Fajr Prayer)?
- If a person cannot wake up for fajr prayer, what can s/he do for it?
- Could you describe the statement “Order your family and community to establish the Prayer” (the Qur’an, Ta-Ha, 20:132)?
- How did Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) practice his prayers?
- Can you recite the same Surah (chapters of the Holy Quran) in every Rak'ah?
- Is the expression The Satan urinates on the ears of those who do not get up for the Morning Prayer. a hadith?
- What should you do when you are sick and cannot perform prayers?
- Can a person appoint a proxy for worships like daily prayers (salah), fasting, zakat (almsgiving) and Hajj?
- Could you please give information about the subject of "Excuse" in Islam? In which conditions do we become (mazur) excused about the religious services?