Can you recite the same Surah (chapters of the Holy Quran) in every Rak'ah?
Submitted by on Sun, 13/09/2009 - 05:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
If you do not know any other surahs (chapters of the Holy Qur’an) you can recite it. However, if you know any other surahs, you have to recite different surahs in every rak’ah (a unit of the salat (prayer)).
If an ayah (verse) has been repeated in a salat or a surah has been recited twice in a rak’ah or a surah has been recited in two rak’ahs, it depends on the kind of salat whether it is makrooh or not. If that salat performed alone is a nafila salat, it is not makrooh (abominable). However, if it is a fard (obligatory) salat, it is makrooh unless there are excuses such as forgetting or not knowing any other surahs.
Questions on Islam
- How did Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) practice his prayers?
- Could you please give information about Gabriel? (The Archangel)
- Is it permissible to apply to a hodja in order to break a spell?
- How to wake up for Salat Al-Fajr (Fajr Prayer)?
- Could you please give information about the subject of "Excuse" in Islam? In which conditions do we become (mazur) excused about the religious services?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- Can't Qur'an be the words of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)? If not, how can it be proven?
- What are children's rights over their parents?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?