If a person cannot wake up for fajr prayer, what can s/he do for it?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/09/2009 - 17:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
The time for the Morning Prayer starts with imsaq (the time when fasting starts) and ends with sunrise. However, for those who follow the Hanafi sect, it is more virtuous to delay it until there emerges a bit of light; and according to the Shafii sect, it is more virtuous to perform it early while it is dark. If the sun rises while praying and before the prayer is finished, the Prayer is annulled, according to the Hanafi sect. In that case, one should perform the prayer again after the time of Karahat (the time after the Sunrise when it is religiously abhorred to perform prayer) is over. If the one who cannot perform the Morning Prayer on time performs its compensatory prayer after Sunrise and after the time of Karahat, and before the Noon Prayer, s/he performs the compensatory prayer with both its sunnah and obligatory parts.
There are tips for waking up for the Fajr Prayer, please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- I am pregnant and I experience menstruation. Can I perform the prayers in that state?
- When should I perform the Fajr (morning prayer), If I cannot perform it on time?
- Is there a hadith that prohibits sleeping before performing the night prayer and that prohibits talking after performing the night prayer?
- Is the expression The Satan urinates on the ears of those who do not get up for the Morning Prayer. a hadith?
- How to wake up for Salat Al-Fajr (Fajr Prayer)?
- There are narrations about rewards (sawabs) which will be given to the prayers cited. What are the conditions for deserving rewards promised for prayers? Can anyone citing that prayer deserve that reward?
- Is the marriage valid which is performed secretly from parents?
- Could you describe the statement “Order your family and community to establish the Prayer” (the Qur’an, Ta-Ha, 20:132)?
- What should you do when you are sick and cannot perform prayers?
- Can a Muslim postpone his/her prayers because of working?