When should I perform the Fajr (morning prayer), If I cannot perform it on time?
Submitted by on Fri, 25/09/2009 - 18:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
The time for the Morning Prayer begins with the first light of the dawn and ends with the rising of the sun. However, according to Hanafis, it is recommended to pray after it becomes slightly light; as for Shafiis, it is recommended to perform the Morning Prayer while it is still dark. If the sun rises while praying, according to Hanafis, the prayer will be invalid. You should perform it again after the sun rises (after the rime of karahat ends).
A person who has not performed the Morning Prayer within its time should perform (make qada) both its Sunnah and fard after the sun rises (after the rime of karahat ends) and before the time for the noon prayer starts.
If the morning namaz is performed (made qada) before the time for the noon prayer, it is regarded to have been performed (made qada) within its time.
Questions on Islam
- When the time for zuhr (noon) comes, is only the missed fard qada of fajr (morning prayer) performed or is the sunnah of it performed as well?
- If a person cannot wake up for fajr prayer, what can s/he do for it?
- Could you please give information about the subject of "Excuse" in Islam? In which conditions do we become (mazur) excused about the religious services?
- Can a Muslim postpone his/her prayers because of working?
- How to wake up for Salat Al-Fajr (Fajr Prayer)?
- There are narrations about rewards (sawabs) which will be given to the prayers cited. What are the conditions for deserving rewards promised for prayers? Can anyone citing that prayer deserve that reward?
- Could you give detailed information about delusion? How can I get rid of it?
- About death
- I am pregnant and I experience menstruation. Can I perform the prayers in that state?
- What should you do when you are sick and cannot perform prayers?