When the time for zuhr (noon) comes, is only the missed fard qada of fajr (morning prayer) performed or is the sunnah of it performed as well?
Submitted by on Sat, 02/05/2015 - 16:10
Dear Brother / Sister,
The time for the morning prayer begins with the first light of the dawn and ends with the rising of the sun. However, according to Hanafis, it is recommended to pray the morning prayer after it becomes slightly light; as for Shafiis, it is recommended to perform the morning prayer while it is still dark.
If the sun rises while praying, the prayer will be invalid according to Hanafis. You need to perform it again after the sun rises (after the rime of karahah ends).
A person who has not performed the morning prayer within its time needs to perform (make qada) both its sunnah and fard after the sun rises (after the time of karahah ends) and before the time for the noon prayer starts.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to perform fard (obligatory) prayers during Karahah times?
- When should I perform the Fajr (morning prayer), If I cannot perform it on time?
- How the intention is made for the prayers missed (rendered qada) two-three years ago?
- Is it permissible to perform sunnah prayers which are needed to be performed before fard after fard? For example, performing the sunnah of the fajr prayer after its fard in order to catch up with the jamaah (congregation).
- When does the time period for the morning prayer (fajr) start and when does it end? Why is the adhan for the morning prayer called an hour after imsak time?
- Up to when can the morning (fajr) prayer be performed? What should be done when it is cloudy? Should we act in accordance with the calendars?
- If a person cannot wake up for the morning prayer (fajr), if he, say, gets up at 9 o’clock, how can he perform the morning prayer?
- Can we perform Fajr (dawn prayer) as soon as imsak time starts?
- What is the importance of time for prayer (salah)?