Can a Muslim postpone his/her prayers because of working?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/09/2009 - 02:58
Dear Brother / Sister,
One of the obligations of five daily prayers is to perform them on due time. Prayers cannot be performed by joining them together because of working. One must perform even only the obligatory part of the prayer on due time. If one did not perform it on due time, one should perform compensatory prayer as soon as possible and in addition, one should repent of the sin of postponing the prayer until compensation.
For more information please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- What is Compensatory prayer?
- Could you please give information about the subject of "Excuse" in Islam? In which conditions do we become (mazur) excused about the religious services?
- Could you give some information on nationalism and racism? Is it religiously permissible if I love my nation better than other nations?
- What are the advantages of belief in the Hereafter for the society and individuals?
- Could you explain the verse If ye (but) eschew the most heinous of the things which ye are forbidden to do, We shall expel out of you all the evil in you, and admit you to a Gate of great honour. (an-Nisa, 4/31)?
- Can you explain the methods of overcoming excitement and of becoming successful? (Social Phobia)
- Is there a hadith that prohibits sleeping before performing the night prayer and that prohibits talking after performing the night prayer?
- We know that interest was forbidden by stages just like alcohol. Could you explain those stages?
- How can we strengthen our faith? Could you give information about the increase and decrease of faith, investigative faith and imitative faith and the importance of faith?
- What are children's rights over their parents?